MISSIONARY BAPTIST SEMINARY
Antioch Missionary Baptist Church has owned and operated the Missionary Baptist Seminary since 1934. The church established the seminary after the Missionary Baptist College of Sheridan, Arkansas, closed because of the Great Depression. The need for a sustainable, credible Bible School moved the church to call Dr. J. Louis Guthrie, a Baptist preacher and educator, to serve as the founding President. Dr. Ben Bogard, the pastor of the church, and Dr. C.N. Glover of Sheridan and board member of the Missionary Baptist College, with Dr. Guthrie organized the Seminary to give affordable yet excellent Bible teaching and ministering training.